View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Oy, so you are thinking of going back and forth two countries yourself?
Yes, that is what I'm going to do. This is not a difficult thing for me, because for the last 5 years or so I've been traveling between two cities/countries anyway. I'm one of those "home is where I lay my hat" people. I can feel at home almost anywhere. JJ has never lived abroad, I have twice. That last time I fell in love with the city I lived in. It's a gorgeus place and I want to go back. Fortunately that's also the place where rory and Alec are planning to move in a few years. All I have to do is convince JJ to come along. He did like the city as well when he was visiting me there. We have had some long conversations about moving there and at the moment it looks like he wants to do it too. But when, that is the question. In the meanwhile I'm flying between these two countries and I don't mind at all. In the autumn I start working as a freelancer for the same company I work for now. So this gives me the freedom to travel and spend time abroad, which is perfect for this situation.

First we were talking about 2 weeks/2 weeks split in my time between rory and JJ. But then I realised most of my friends and family are where JJ lives. I have nothing else in the other city, just rory and Alec. So if we did 2 weeks and 2 weeks, that would mean that I would spend much less time with JJ than rory, because I would see all my friends during that 2 weeks with JJ. That's why we decided on the 1 week/3 weeks split. I think this is also better for Alec. He doesn't have to adjust his life as much as he would if I spent half of my time there. But we'll see how this goes in the autumn.

Blog