View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:24 PM

How important is self esteem in the creation of healthy, loving relationships?

Extremely important. I have seen someone with no self esteem and they become their partner. There is no self, and it seems the relationship is very lopsided. It becomes based on insecurity, and neediness.None of these relationships last. I have yet see this person keep a relationship over 2 years. Jewell and I still are still our own people. Yes we mesh together, and the reason we do is because we love ourselves and are our selves. In turn we love each other and foster that. Our unit is so strong because we love our strengths and our weaknesses.

How is self esteem furthered where it is insufficient?

Alone time. Finding yourself.

On a scale of 0 -10, with 0 being the least and 10 being the most of healthy self esteem, where is your average placement on the scale over the last year?

I would say 3-9 with a lot of shit I had to work through. The nine being the break through. The three getting stuck and momentarily not wanting to grow.

Has your placement on that scale changed in recent time?

Yes.

If yes, why/how do you think it has changed?

Redefining myself personally, and with my marriage. Diving into this poly relationship. Recovering for PPD probably helped a lot too.