View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:46 AM

How important is self esteem in the creation of healthy, loving relationships?

I think it is imperative to a healthy relationship. It allows a person to assert themselves and avoid intentional or unintentional manipulation or forced suffering because they don't feel they deserve better.

How is self esteem furthered where it is insufficient?

Independent pursuits that challenge us in areas that "we" value. Taking on some one else's challenges i.e. rock climbing would do little for our sense of esteem if we didn't value the achievement.

On a scale of 0 -10, with 0 being the least and 10 being the most of healty self esteem, where is your average placement on the scale over the last year?

7. I have great self esteem in some key areas but the sources of my failing which represent the remaining 3 threaten to wash over me entirely sometimes. My 7 has to be strong or I am lost.

Has your placement on that scale changed in recent time?

It has remained the same for two years. Before that it was a 0 for just over half a year. Prior to that 6 month period it was probably an 5.5 for several years and before that it was a 9.5 for many years.

If yes, why/how do you think it has changed?

9.5 - followed the path of what I considered to be righteousness and manliness.

6 - cheated on my wife and was a poor parent as the result of my poor ethics and honesty.

0 - lost my wife and daughter and myself entirely.

7 - counselling, self study, new awareness and understanding of myself, and the support of Redpepper's love lifted me from the ashes of my own destruction.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over