View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 AM

I do get what you're saying, but he wasn't talking to me about her to express anything to vent. I just couldn't pretend she didn't exist anymore, which was what I had been doing...

We were talking about the rift him being with her is creating between us. Because I am so NOT right with it, and I didn't feel I could be NOT right with it... I told him I just didn't want to hear anything about it because that's the only way I could function. And that silence I asked for created a huge space between us.

My fault I guess.

But at this point I don't know what to do. I can't pretend I'm okay with it, I can't ignore it... I can't run away to a desert island and avoid the situation.

I have a lot of thinking to do about our relationship. About seeing us as we are, instead of what we want to be. About seeing and accepting him as he is, and knowing there are certain things he can't give me or do for me, and seeing myself as I am and accepting that I don't need to agree to everything and sometimes I need to say NO. I can't handle x, I don't want to do y, instead of feeling like I have to be the one to change and adapt and get right with everything.

I don't know what this means for us. Changes for sure... just don't know exactly what...