View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Oh, of course. Since I am a La Leche League Leader, I'll just toot my own horn and mention that women that attend 4 of our monthly meetings while pregnant go on to nurse for months longer than women who don't!

I was not saying don't prepare at all. Thank gods (and girl power and medical research, and improvement in openness about S.E.X), that we aren't in the dark ages now about birthing that women were when my mom had me!

And I guess we can say the same thing about our little support group for polyamory here and the books that are available now.

Still, we all make mistakes in parenting and poly, have issues, no matter how much we read. Only practice makes perfect (or at least not tragic). My practice/mistakes with my ex, and my gf's experiences with several poly relationships, has made a much smoother road for her and me in managing multiple relationships. And for a further link between poly and parenting, my counseling experience with the mothers in LLL has helped my communication skills across the board.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags, F, 60, poly-dating, loving and living with
miss pixi, F, 38
also seeing
Punk, 42, M (dating since Oct 2015)
and a few more casual relationships