Thread: After Lack
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Spaminator

Mari,

That's great! Last spring is when I finally turned a corner, and I have been growing in happiness, joy, peace..., ever since--especially this spring! (Spring makes it so easy!, what with the warm weather, the green and the blooms.) In this time I realized that it was I who/which was making me unhappy -- not the world situation, not the f---d up political situation, not global warming and ecological meltdown.... And I somehow decided that I don't want to do that anymore. And each day really is a little better than the previous one, happier, more healed, more free and joyful, but not without its measure of pain and hope and desire. It's just that the growing happiness is bigger than any of that, and I let it (which is tender and loves me) hold all of my pain and hope and desire in its affectionate tenderness and warm understanding. Such processes, I understand, usually involve moments of great emotional and spiritual challenge, and I'm happy that I have courage, now, for meeting whatever comes my way. And tremendous gratitude to those who are my lovely glorious support system in the form of friends and lovers, flowers and sky, rain and sunshine, moon and stars.... Gravity, too, is a nurturing support for me in my process of becoming melted and tender and open and joyful. It holds me, keeps me from falling into the sky. When I count my blessings I can fall into the sky, you know. Having already suffered enough.

And remember this: Your best gift to those you love is always your own happiness and freedom and joy.

And remember this: Your best gift to those you love is always your own happiness and freedom and joy.

Repeat as necessary.

My best gift to those I love is my own joy and freedom.

My best gift to those I love is my own joy and freedom.

Last edited by River; 05-11-2009 at 11:37 PM.