View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:45 PM

I'm with Mr V--the relationships are separate.

I talk to my wife about issues I'm wrestling with because she's one of the people I talk to about those things. That's not to say that I provide all of the details about any given issue with somebody else or that I discuss everything with her--I share as I see fit. The finer points of my relationships with other people aren't her business when it comes down to it, because those are between me and the other person.

That said, I have to wonder why Mr V isn't providing information that would be useful to you. I schedule stuff and put much of it on a calendar my wife can see so she can see if I'm available on that day for something she might want to do. I also mention things as a matter of course--"I'm going to x wth Elfie on Thursday" just because I generally share the neat things I have planned with her.

Logistical info is something to be shared so everybody can schedule and know what's going on. I don't regard that as sharing relationships, however.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.