View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:46 PM

I guess my gf and I are lucky we were both experienced at poly (her especially, since she has always been poly, but I had experience with it for 10 years before she and I met).

We both know what NRE does to a person. So, somehow, when one of us gets a new hot lover, we manage to keep the NRE in proportion, and still remember how in love with each other we are, and still manage to have lots of intimacy, long philosophical discussions (not just the "did you take out the trash, pick up the groceries" type of convos), cuddling, kissing, creative sex and fun dates.

In fact, somehow, when one of us is in NRE, that passion leaks over to each other as well, enhancing and not reducing our passion for each other.

Gosh, if all newbie polys were just aware of this one thing, the intense, completely overwhelming hormones of NRE/infatuation, we might not even need a board like this!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
We are both open to dating, but no serious other partners at the moment