View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:53 PM

The Fingerlakes are a beautiful area in upstate NY. It's where my gf grew up. She's been to every one of the 21 Grassroots fests. It's like a family reunion for her. Her real family, not the horribly fucked up disfunctional one her parents gave her.

The T-shirts say, Ithaca is Gorges [gorgeous], and it really is.

Our dream of moving there and living there together is becoming more than a pipe dream. Ithaca is a very cool crunchy granola college town, and quite affordable. It's such a deep part of my gf's soul, I know she would continue to blossom there. Now that she is out as a woman to all her friends and family, and feels accepted or at least tolerated, we may just have to make the move... I'm originally from NY myself and have lived in Mass for over 20 years. Maybe it's time to move back to my home state. Gorgeous land, plus all the culture and hippie politics and events and shopping all in one place.

Plus, wineries.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37