View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:51 PM

Not having read the replies yet, Yes...I am deeply in love with my Mono husband. I would not sacrifice that relationship for anything. He loves me enough to allow me to pursue my Poly nature. I will not say that this is easy, but it takes a special Mono person to deal with Polyamory.

You are already living the Poly life, so meeting a monogamous person who will accept that off the bat might not be the easiest thing in the world, but they do exist and have their own special challenges.

When you're in love with someone, their "orientation" shouldn't matter, but we all know from experience of some kind that it can be an issue. I didn't realize I was Poly until well into this Mono marriage. You're starting out knowing and having to be honest with that to whomever it is that you decide to be with. You might find that your person of interest may reject you at first, the idea being "repulsive" but given some time and space to think, there are certainly some monogamous people out there who can accept this.

We're still working out the kinks. But love is a precious gift and worth every effort...whether you find poly or mono partners.