Thread: River's Blog
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Hey River, I was away at a music fest for a week and didn't see your requests for love, hugs and kisses to help you celebrate your new-found joy in life.

Love Hugs Kisses!!!

As far as being naked (naiked) emotionally goes, this is why I hang out with young people so much. I am about to turn 56 and the people I went to the fest with, a troop of about 12-15, nice coven size, were all ages from 19-37. Younger people are enjoyably naive, energetic, funny and open. Most people my age get stuck in ruts, living on past glories, getting more conservative and rigid as they age.

Fuck that! I'm still alive and vibrant and sexy (some would say "spry" ), and I'm not living in the past, stuck in remembering the good ol' days when I was in my 20s in the 1970s. This life is meant to be lived, drinking in every drop, making allowances for sore joints and muscles, taking care of my physical body as much as I can so I can just keep playing and learning and connnecting deeply with people and nature.

The beauty of it is, I have the wisdom of my accumulated years as wife and mother and counselor to add to the playfulness I share with "the kids."
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37