View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM

@ Sage - maintaining peace takes practice. Read a book, sure, but the key is putting that into practice, everyday. Slowly it becomes easier and more natural. I've been working bringing awareness into my life since 2008 and it's only this year that I finding it a natural thing to do. So practice, and have patience with yourself.

@PolyNerd - Your blog is awesome. There is a lot there so I haven't read it all yet. But what you're writing about it definitely a key to a better way of managing not only emotions, but our entire approach to life. I believe this is where humans are headed, a new way of being. It's exciting to be part of it.

Have you looked into Integral Theory? You might be interested in what they have to say.

For me personally, for the past 3 months I've been doing a particular meditation I read in a book. After simply doing this meditation every morning for 5 minutes I have found that I can slip into during waking life and bring myself to a level of awareness that I wasn't able to before. This is definitely helping in managing emotions, and now I can stop myself in the middle of a ranting conversation, bring myself back into focus, and try and concentrate on what is really going on behind these emotions.

I love that the poly world is more aware than most communities. It's exciting to finally be able to talk to others about this stuff!