View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
Some people just don't like to talk on the phone.
I don't talk to anybody on the phone for 20-30 minutes a day, no matter how much I love them. (I have neck problems, it's possible that her pain keeps her from wanting to hold the phone, or be tied to carrying even that weight around to chat on speaker phone)
She texts, and sees you, and talks to you, maybe you should just appreciate what she does instead of what she doesn't.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I'm the same way. I have a lot of chronic pain from a 4 wheeler accident that I was in 8 years ago that crushed the entire left side of my face (full reconstructive surgery was needed). I just can't handle talking on the phone for that long because it gives me headaches, and if I'm already having a bad pain day, it takes everything I have just to talk a few sentences at a time face to face with my family. So, I tend to chat online through FB or text with the people I love and hold dear to me. It's not because I don't want to hear their voice, it just saves me a lot of pain. Even I can handle a lot of live noise most days, but there's just something about the phone that makes the pain worse or causes it to start up.

Don't take not talking as a sign that she's pushing you away G2. Sometimes, there's a lot more to consider. Accept the communication and love that she's giving you. It may just be what she can handle. Hope all goes well with the surgery and that this solves a lot of her pain problems. For some of us, there's no hope for the pain, we just have to live with it on a daily basis. I really hope that this doesn't end up being the case for her.