View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 AM

I've been so overwhelmed with life lately that I'm sucking at connecting with my partners. I don't like feeling this way. I want to be engaged and fun and fun to be with. It's just one more area of my life that I don't feel like I'm measuring up in. I can't stay on top of everything at work that I'm asked to do and do a good job of it. I can't stay on top of the housework and be a good housekeeper and now my relationships are suffering too because I don't have it in me lately to give 100%.

For the last couple of weeks I've just felt all used up. I'm trying to be kind to myself and to take care of myself but it keeps falling to the bottom of the list. I know that I can't take care of other people properly unless I take care of myself first. I'm just not sure what taking care of myself looks like at the moment.

On the bright side RP took me to a play this afternoon. It was good for my soul to sit and hold hands and have a laugh. I love live theater. I wish our time together had been longer though. (But then again I always wish our time together was longer).

It's going to be vacation time soon. I think that while I'm on vacation I'm going to do something everyday for me, by myself. Once we work out what we're doing in general I'll work on my game plan .

This too shall pass...