View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapolygirlmaybe View Post
I'm sorry I will be more clear about why.

I would like to post freely and honestly and not have to leave any thoughts or feelings out at all. That being said I DON'T want anyone involved to somehow stumble on this forum, read the post, think WOW that sounds familiar then be pissed off that I posted about it on the internet even though no one knows who we are.

That's the only reason I would delete something.

This sort of thing does not make sense to me because (aside from what Imaginary Illusion said about having bigger problems than the 12-hour editing policy) if someone finds and reads it and then you delete it, that doesn't change the fact that they read it. Also, anything that is found in a google search can be read in the google cache for quite some time after ward, so even if you people delete their post from the forum, it could still be found and read.

This brings another interesting phenomenon to mind: people who are afraid of having their posts discovered by the people you're writing about... and afraid that those people will be mad that you wrote about them... But you already think these people are searching for your internet activity on Google. This is quite a convoluted communication dynamic. It sounds sort of stalkerish in a way... Just an observation.