Why would someone want poly vice cheating?
1) - Poly encourages you to grow as a person where affairs make you digress into irresponsibility and self denial of reality.
2) - Poly acknowledges and addresses the pain and emotions of your partner where affairs play people for fools; this is probably the greatest source of pain for those betrayed.
3) - It has the potential to become a fulfilling dynamic that widens family structures and generate more support and love for everyone involved. Affairs have a tendency to destroy families and severely damage everyone involved from spouses to children.
4) - It can set a positive example of communication and understanding for people around you.
5) - Poly relationships can increase love for everyone involved; affairs take something away from people whether they know it or not.
6) - You can be free to openly proclaim love to people around you. Affairs can become logistically exhausting and brutally stressful.
7) - Poly relationships can end with friendships and deep connections intact. Affairs usually end with total severance of ties and anything positive gets lost.
8) - Once your parents realize everyone is ok, they can often accept and be comfortable with the dynamic. Most parents would probably have a hard time hanging out with the person you are having an affair with…of course they probably wouldn't know.
Want it mathematically?
Affairs = short term gain, long term pain
Poly = short term pain, long term gain
Thank you for this!