View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
This is great news my friend. I do worry a little that the idea of you going solo implies that this is "your problem". There could be an argument for the requirement of solo counseling on the other end of this relationship as well. I just don't want to see you taking on the sense that the survival of your marriage rests soley on your shoulders or hinges on your ability to accept poly. It doesn't, it also depends on your partners need and reasons for pursuing poly. There really are two sides to this so never lose sight of that.

Take care
Mono
Mono you really are a stand up guy. LR really likes you and RP and I can see why.You bring up a very good point and although it would be easy to blame and hold myself personnely responsible for the ultimate outcome of our marriage. Im really just dealing with the hurt from my childhood, I have issues with abandonment and not feeling good enough or loved. I could start a thread but Im sure no one wants to hear about my childhood and my mistrust of women and ppl in general.

I just want to be happy with myself and be able to be open and honest with the ppl around me.If for some reason this marriage or poly arrangement dosent work I still want to be able to be a healthier and more approachable loving man.

Its very helpful reading your posts Mono. It helps knowing that you can be a strong guys guy and that its ok to run up against strong feelings that make you feel weak. Wish you guys lived in Alaska.