View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Your OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCourage View Post
...he is a nice guy and he makes her very happy. She insists she is totally in love with me and that she wants us to stay together forever... I believe her when she says everything is good with us... I fundamentally want this to work. She is happier than ever. He is a good guy. Our threesomes are fantastic..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCourage View Post
...I am numb today. Just can't take it anymore. I am pulling way back and stopping my fight to keep her. I don't think it's going to work out for us and I think I will end up with a divorce....I have been trying too hard for too long to make things right and good. And it's worn me down to nothing.
Note your mood swing from just 3 days ago to today. This is what we call the poly rollercoaster. All is not black or white. Of course we don't know the depth of problems you and your wife face, outside of polyamory, but I hope that with counseling and maybe a shift in your perspective around jobs that take you away from home, and her enjoyment of a materialistic lifestyle, you two can still make it.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37