View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM

Redsol: Thank you for your input into my concerns about his flirting. I'm certainly happy to flirt with others and haven't got an issue with him doing that, however, I just felt at the time of his comment that his reason for being polyamorous was so he could flirt. You don't have to be polyamorous to do that!

Regarding communication, I'm totally into that and all for it. Unfortunately, I have a lot going on in my head about how I want things to look and I've come from a background where people expect you to do certain things at certain times, etc, and things have to be a certain way. Yeah, whatever!!!

So, I'm just trying to discover relationships and what i want from them and with whom. It's not easy when you come from a monogomous background and have been with the same person for half your life!

Sergency: Thank you for your input. I appreciate your comments. I'm certainly all for the relationship which is based on emotional connection and not purely sexual connection.

I had been reading through different comments made on this forum about what polyamory is for different people, so I started thinking that that is how it's meant to be, however, I spoke with the guy I'm involved with and he made it really simple. He said 'polyamory is what YOU create'. I realised that it doesn't have to fit a certain mold. That's what 'societal' pressure is. To hell with 'societal' pressure.

So, as far as my relationship is with him, I'm happy with how it is right now and am excited about what we could potentially create together in future, although I am taking it one day at a time and enjoying it for what it is NOW, with no pre-conceived ideas or expectations.

I know I'm in the right place right now, in regards to exploring polyamory. I'm very open-minded when it comes to relationships and the possibilities that can be created from them. I have a lot of love to give and really don't see the logic in being with just one person for the rest of your life, like in marriage. Been there, done that, didn't work! I'm certainly not afraid or against commitment, but just not in a monogomous way!