View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 PM

A friend of ours was not her usual self when I got to Ragnarok. She behaved towards me in a way that made me feel unwelcome and disrespected. I had heard she was having a rough week, so I let it go, but now that it has been a couple of weeks and she has not responded to posts I left on her facebook page or responded to my request that she let me know when she and her boyfriend will be able to resume our bi-weekly game night. I sent her a e-mail the other night outlining my feelings and my perceptions and asked if there was anything that I had done wrong. Her response was that she had needed a break and still does. Not exactly an answer to my question of "did I do something wrong?" But I responded with take a break and I/ we will be here when you're ready. Yesterday my computer was acting funny, but she mentioned having problems sleeping, so I replied to her post with some suggestions and my post almost immediately disappeared but another friend of ours did not. So I have no way of knowing if she deleted my comment or if the internet ate it, but I was immediately thrown into a "grr" mood. Runic Wolf told me to let it go, but that didn't help because I was trying to process why it irritated me so. So on the way here with Wendigo last night, I puzzled out that I don't have alot of local friends and the numbers decrease drastically when I single out the local female friends. I remember when I met T thinking how awesome it was to find a girl like me, how excited I was to become her friend and I don't want to lose that friendship. I tend to over react when I think that I'm about to lose something important to me; this is something I'm working on, but years of being conditioned to avoid conflict and keep the peace so I don't get hurt is hard to overcome.

Good luck figuring out the root of your irritation and coming up with productive ways to address it. Keep moving forward!

Last edited by BrigidsDaughter; 07-10-2011 at 10:48 PM.