View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmonogamist View Post
I DO think Christian polyamory is possible but I don't think ALL polyamory would be Christian just because it's polyamory. Does that make sense?
Of course. Freedom of religion. Diversity.

Quote:
You could be heterosexual and I don't think your celibacy would stimulate homosexual or pedophilic desires
Evidence shows otherwise. I learned in a sociology class of heterosexual men who were confined in all male populations (prisons, naval vessels, military deployments) who engaged in same sex behavior for the purpose of sexual release because that was the only option available to them. These men did not identify themselves as either gay or bisexual. They all returned to completely heterosexual lives as soon as they left the all-male environments and had access to wives, girlfriends, and female dating partners. They simply had no other options during that period of time. All these men were supposed to be celibate at the command of other people; not by their own choice.

To me, this says that celibacy MUST be freely chosen to have positive value without unintended consequences.

I disagree with Magdlyn about the Pope. It's much more complicated than that description. And the Pope is not here to defend himself.

I don't like this conversation about "those other people" who aren't here to defend themselves. I wish we'd talk about ourselves and our own issues, instead of critiqueing other people.

Jasmine