View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmonogamist View Post
...I also think celibacy/abstinence can result in sexual energy finding its way into other expressions. Furthermore, the ability to resist sexual desire makes it easier to choose to decline the sexual opportunities that present themselves if they're not really what you want...
How's that been working for the Catholic Church lately? I was talking to an ex-Catholic lately, who was raised in the Church and was close with several priests and ex-priests. He told me a question priests often ask each other is, "When did you receive 'the Gift?' " The Gift being having been raped by a priest as a young boy. It's that common, it's just assumed to have happened to just about every seminarian and priest, who then pass the Gift on down the line.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 62) loving Pixie (poly, F, 40) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, M, 36), Pixie's Dom for 3+ years