View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 AM

NYCindie: Will try to keep that in mind.

Also, does anyone have any advice on setting basic boundaries to start out with? We're both completely new to this. I know the whole thing isn't something he's entirely happy about, which I completely understand. I mean, its still something that I'm trying to come to grips with. I guess, I read some stuff about boundaries involving little things, like him being the only one allowed to give me roses or having certain kinds of dates that are just for us, or a certain dress that I'll only wear for him or stuff like that in addition to big things like issues of sex or spending the night places or stuff.

He said his biggest problem was the idea of me having long term relationships with other people, about having to share me long term. I understand completely, but at the same time, I can't imagine just being able to say, okay, this has been going on x number of months so has to stop now. I guess, it would be easier to at least at first regulate things by level of commitment.

Any advice? I don't plan/really want to jump into anything right away and want to make sure I really think things through, especially while I'm still figuring out what I want. Before I have that down it seems like it will be hard to figure things out with my bf. Unfortunately, I know I tend to be the kind of person who needs to try things out before I can figure out how I really feel about them.

Last edited by Silia; 07-04-2011 at 03:03 AM.