View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankychicky View Post
We have a fantastic time together about once a week, and the thought of ending it makes me very sad.
So does that mean that they will be monogamously married? Or why else does it have to end?

Quote:
And it sucks, because they know I am having a hard time with it, they are starting to hide things from me. We all share a calendar for planning time, and they put "4pm - busy"...which I know is the day they are having their engagement party.
Have you confronted them about sneaking around? And why are you not invited to the party?

Quote:
I was wondering if you all have any advice on how to deal or how to express to B how this feels and that it's all normal for me to feel like this. How can I turn off the bitter part in my head when I hear them be all cutesy and call each other fiance? I guess I have a hard time wondering why poly people get married, it seems counterintuitive.
Have you asked them why they are suddenly getting married? Might explain a lot of things. You are not alone in being the secondary who has to face their partner getting married to someone they clearly consider their primary. As I read it, you don't have any other relationships going on ATM?

As a poly person, I can only speak for myself, but I would consider getting married with someone as a sign that we are now each other's primary partners (provided it would be possible to marry them), but many people don't use the primary/secondary description at all and may get married out of really practical reasons. It would help to know what's the motivation behind here.