View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
You may want to pass this information along to Jewel. I used to do this, and it would be especially heartbreaking more recently when we were working on repairing our marriage. One day I finally just decided to tell my husband, that "I am SUPER insecure about him not returning my touch when I reach out to him, especially in bed. If I reach out with my foot or hand just to touch him and he pulls away or doesn't move, even a little so I can continue to just touch him (usually feet), it feels like a complete rejection." It was really hard for me to say that, but it felt good to say it and ever since then, he has made the effort to be more responsive. It was never his intent to reject me, he was just trying to sleep.
I realized that after she told me. I was just exhausted that particular night and just rolled over and crashed. You could have jabbed me with a cattle prod and probably not got much response. It was after a night with Lover so she was reaching out for me, for reassurance, and I missed it.

Touch has been so important in repairing our marriage. It is how we are intimate with each other. Even a little brush like a foot or a hand in bed has become so important. I was heavily abused as a child and Jewel used touch to bring back to life my heart. She taught me the awesomeness of simple cuddles and touching. Something I cannot do without.