Thread: I'm exhausted
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koihugs View Post
But it breaks my gfs heart that I do this. I guess her party is the one of legal marriage which, if she stays with my husband and I she will never have. She says my actions by performing these ceremonies hurt her. I really get the imagery of when I officiate I punch her in the stomach.
Whoa, wait...what? She's upset because other people ask you to officiate their marriages and you do it? WTF?

Quote:
She's called me a backstabber, a liar, a bullshitter, and a traitor in the heat of the moment in a recent argument.
I'm pretty certain that would be the end of the relationship for me. I don't abuse my partners in that fashion and I don't tolerate being abused in that fashion. "Heat of the moment" doesn't excuse that behavior--homey don't play them games!

Quote:
I'm so tired. I think of myself as a genuine person, I really strive for that. It's not the first time she's called me names in the heat of the moment, another time it was cheater, backstabber, etc (for having sex with my husband, which by definition of our triad is acceptable).
Um...no. Just...no.

Hell, no!

Having sex with your husband is never an instance of cheating or backstabbing or any other bullshit. And being called such names is abusive behavior.

I'd walk her to the car and wave bye.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.