Thread: Acceptance.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 PM

Default Acceptance.

I've never been fully comfortable classifying myself as strait, but I have never at all identified as gay either. I've always been more attracted to people than specific genders, although I do lean much toward women. After discovering the concept of polyamory, and researching it a bit, I have finally found something where I feel comfortable.

My wife has been very receptive of all this, but we have decided to hold off on actively pursuing others until we work out a few problems we have been having. The few others I have talked to about this, people who are normally very open minded and accepting of alternative lifestyles have not reacted quite so well. Even some people I know in open relationships seem to be appalled at the idea of actually surely loving more than one person. No one can seem to comprehend, this is not about sex. I would gladly give up sex for good if it meant I could be completely fulfilled emotionally, intellectually, and intimately. This is something I honestly see as impossible with a single person.

This isn't an really in inquiry for advice or anything like that. I just have been lurking here for a while, and I needed to communicate with some others who would hopefully understand.