View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedhercandy View Post
I haven't had the time to keep up with the forum for the past few weeks, and it has been an interesting experience to come back and read posts that mention moments / emotions involving me. I've never had the experience (I think I will use this word a lot in this post - sorry) of reading a review of a date someone has had with me, followed by advice and questions regarding it. So very, very interesting. Both my husband and boyfriend are very private people and I, though a talker, tend to keep my most personal experiences quite private.

I decided to add to this thread instead of starting my own because I seem to exist most tangibly (on this forum at least) through it. Someone some days back questioned Freetime regarding his choice to use the word gf to describe the non-marital women in his life. Funnily enough, he and I had the same conversation today, since this term for me denotes commitment and a certain depth of potential expectations. It is not a term that I would use easily, and its use - after a very short period of time - makes me - frankly - twitchy.

One of the things that I love about the poly experience, is the amount and depth of communication that needs to take place for any actual relationship progress to be made (did I say progress, I meant continuance). I wonder if that is true for the majority of poly relationships. The popular book advice seems to suggest so, but I wonder if actual human reality matches it (the way it has for me).

And this forum, even more so when having your "people" participating in it, makes at least some of the communication that much more transparent and referencable.
Hello Beautiful, Glad your back. Thinking about you. I can no more slow down then you could speed up, and that's all good. And the cool thing about it is neither of us has to. Talk to you tomorrow.
Sleep well M, say hi to C for me.

Freetime

All the time, Every time.