Thread: Rocky Start
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
I think how we define equality is the issue. I prefer to think of things as "fair" rather than equal. Fairness is more along the lines of "equal opportunity to have my needs met in a relationship". Knowing that my needs are not going to be the same as other people's needs and that there is always going to be a balance. However, in that balancing act, my needs are being taken into consideration rather than being trumped by the needs or insecurities of another partner.

(and I see nothing wrong with with topics showing up in more than one thread....there are always differences and nuances, and there has never been a perfectly compartmentalized forum in the history of the internet)

That explains my thoughts well. I have needs, Maca had needs, C has needs, but they aren't the same. The RIGHT thing is for all of us to take each others needs into consideration and to be sure we are all getting our needs met. Sometimes people get so caught up in definitions or meanings they forget the point. The point is to care for and love one another which means taking time to consider their needs as well as our own.