View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmonogamist View Post
Right, but if you make yourself attractive for yourself, why would it surprise you if other people find you attractive too?
I am always surprised when people find me attractive, just 'cause I'm not that conceited to believe that everyone would. LOL. Sure, certain people, in certain situations, I know will be attracted to me, but I'm usually more in tune with if I feel good and attractive for ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmonogamist View Post
Why would a woman who puts effort into making herself attractive for whatever reason blame her partner for finding other women attractive who use similar techniques for appearing attractive? Attractive = attraction, no?
Well, that's a blanket generalization if there ever was one! Personally, I never "blamed" my partners for anything if they checked out other chicks. In fact, my husband loved the fact that I would point out pretty women for him to look at. And I'm totally straight. Never been the type to be jealous of a roving eye. I like to look at hot guys, why shouldn't my partners be able to look, too? Just because you've had already dinner, doesn't mean you can't still look at the menu.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 06-23-2011 at 08:38 PM.