View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Default Re: In over my Head

Freetime,

I am new to all of this also (as in the last 5 days). I came across this forum and your post and spent the last few days reading through your journey and progress over the last 90+ days. Many times reading your posts along with the very insightful, compassionate support and advice from the others on here such as RP, II, TP, etc., had tears streaming down my face.

My wife (who is also a T) is the one who brought up the possibility of Poly. To say the least it rocked my little world when I first started reading up on it. But stumbling upon your journey and reading what others had to say I was realizing that this is a journey about self, letting go and confronting our own fears and issues as we rewrite our boundries. It is really about enjoying life to the fullest with absolute love and joy, being happy and fulfilled. That is the reason my wife approached me about this. I'm realizing I need to be conscious of my life and that all things are possible. I've closed myself off for way to long. Reading your posts I literally felt like Rip Van Winkle waking up for the first time from a very long slumber. Many of your issues, fears and concerns really resonated with me and I'm sure others as they first ventured into Poly. I've read the 12 Pillars of Polyamory and really understand and embrace the idea of Authenticity, Honesty, Truth, Communication, etc. I've been feeling NRE just from reading as much as I can to understand this. Am I scared.....ABSOLUTELY! Am I excited about the possibilities of what our lives (my wife and mysef) can be......ABSOLUTELY! We have been married for 12 yrs and have been together for going on 16. We have no kids so there is really nothing holding us back from enjoying life to it's fullest except ourselves. (Probably more me than her.) I've put up a lot of barriers over the years and if feels good to start breaking them down.

I'm rambling at this point but do want to say that we are new at looking into this so we are going to go very slow. I'm really looking forward to a much deeper intimate connection with my wife and others in my life!

I did have a question though. Since you have gone to the Poly side and I have read your other thread, I was curious as to how are things going with your primary since you now have two GF's. I know she is everything to you and I know you are buzzing over the NRE but a quick update on how you and T are doing would be great!

I'm sure I will be posting much more as time progresses with many questions and or just fears/issues I will be encountering and I am looking forward to the feedback and advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I appreciate any feedback as we start this journey.

FreeTheMind