View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merxill View Post
I feel abandoned and I don't know how to change myself. I feel like I need to. I feel so depressed that I think about suicide all the time because of this. I feel like he's leaving me, and that he'd rather not be with me, but he does come back. It's resurfaced old issues of self mutilation (cutting / scratching) and suicidal thoughts. He told me that his therapist said I must be making up these things though, since I do not document the cutting (I don't understand that). I feel so alone in this. How do I change myself? My outlook? How do I deal with the "sharing" as he calls it? How do I deal with the hostility of the other person?
Why in hell are you still with him? Walk on and leave him behind. Codependence is an ugly thing and I'll recommend finding a therapist to help you recover from that toxic relationship.

Or you can choose to stay with him and suffer.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.