View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I don't know that I would want to date someone who would do a background check on me. I don't have anything to hide by any means but it would make me uncomfortable that someone was going behind my back to find things out when they first met me rather than just asking me about myself.
This.

I will assume that anybody doing such a check on me (when I've no idea if I even want this person in my life on an ongoing basis) has no sense of personal boundaries or no respect for other people. I am certainly not going to discuss everything in my past with somebody I've not known long, and should they mention anything I've not shared as yet, that's time for me to walk away. Hell, if they mention that they did a check and were pleased to find that I don't have a criminal record (which is the case), I'd walk on. Homey don't play them games.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.