View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Something in me doesn't really, or fully, understand the Key I just wrote as "If you want to keep love, let it go." I understand it partly, but not fully.

I know that love really only exists by growing. Its very nature is expansiveness. It wants to bring everything into its expanding, joyous, celebritory orbit. It wants us all to light up in itself, to flower and dazzle.

Yet nature gave us brakes. And culture gave us blinders. Etc. And love can sting! It can hurt or confuse us to be in expanded "states" (except Ohio and Michagan), because -- let's face it -- our map of the world is upsidedown. Our cultural world teaches us to Go Out There And Get Ourselves Some (of anything of value), And You Damn Well Better Build A Fortress (with a mote!) Around It To Protect Yours From Them Who Are A'coming To Take Yours Away. Maybe our biology is partly to blame for this. But it can be transcended -- or trance-ended. Though trance ending takes much attention, love and patience, it can be done.

Anyway, back to my story. I've had to let go of several people I was madly in love with.
One time, I let go with a good deal of loving ease, because I had begun to realize (real eyes) the Key. She was not the source of my love; love itself is the source, and because the real world is infinite and interconnected, I've got a direct line (or there's no line at all) to / with source. Put more simply: I am love. So are you and so is everyone else. It's what we are -- and that's why its funny that we pretend otherwise, and so sad.

How silly is it for the ocean itself to be thirsty for saltwater?

Are you starting to see what I mean, here? Our world is upsidedown, confused... about the most crucial fact of our existence!

So now I'm interested in the radical practice and process of expanding love by realizing it without grasping after it, as if it were scarce, as if it weren't already the very heart of the world.

River's Blog

Last edited by River; 06-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.