Monthly Meet Up In Toronto

Breathesgirl

Hi all: I just got this from another site & thought I'd let those in Toronto, or visiting, know that:

A social gathering for Polyamorous people in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Now being held the first Monday of each month at The Imperial Library Pub at 54 Dundas Street East (Dundas & Victoria, one block east of Yonge). The next social will be on Monday, May 3rd. It's a drop-in style of event running from about 6:30pm til 10-ish.

We usually take over the couches (near the fake fireplace on the main floor), grab food and/or drinks, and sometimes engage in such wild activities as interesting conversation, random board games, or taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi. Oooooh! Of course, last month it degenerated into an all-girl cuddle fest at the end...

Enjoy.

They are also on FetLife & Facebook if anyone is interested.

*Poly Social organizer pops head in*

Just wanted to let people here know that the next Poly Social will be on Monday, June 7th at the time and place listed above. Just fyi, last month we had 18 people show up! :-D

Feel free to drop me a message if you're interested in connecting with Toronto Poly groups on other sites as well. (FB, FL)

- Mel :)

Next Poly Social?

Hi all,

My wife and I have been poly since day 1, but are just now looking to join a group and explore abit more. Does anyone know when the next social will be?

Thanks!

dave

Next Poly Social

Hey Dave (and anyone else reading this),

The next Social will be the Monday of the Labour Day Long Weekend - September 6th. :) It's always set for the first Monday of each month and still going strong with an average of about 20 people each month.

Cheers,

- Melodie (adopted hostess)

Still active?

I just moved to Toronto from Halifax. I know absolutely nobody and am interested in meeting new friends, preferably with similar interests and leanings. My wife and I are poly but are separated by 3 provinces temporarily (for the next 6 months we figure). She and I would both be interested in me meeting new people here for friendship and relationships.

Are the monthly meetings still happening? How have the turn-outs been? Anybody planning on coming tonight?

Hello & welcome.

I don't live in the TO area but as far as I know it's still happening.

[email protected] or [email protected] is the Toronto poly discussion list, I just can't remember which one, lol. The other is for announcements only.

I do, however, live about an hour west if you're ever in the area & want to get together for coffee or tea or something.

February Meet

The next Poly Social will be on Monday, February 7th from around 6;30pm to 10pm. Drop in and chill with fellow Poly people somewhere warm and cozy. Anyone who is some type of open/poly (or just friendly to or interested in poly) is welcome to attend. :)
The Social runs every 1st Monday of the month at The Imperial Library Pub at 54 Dundas Street East (Dundas & Victoria, one block east of Yonge). We usually take over the couches (near the fake fireplace on the main floor), grab food and/or drinks, and sometimes engage in such wild activities as interesting conversation, random board/card games, taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi, or a cuddle fest on said couches...

The one you posted is a Meetups.com meet up group. It may have a lot of the same people, I don't know.

The ones I posted before are for the announcements group and the discuss group which are hosted by something OTHER than yahoo groups. They are rather quiet though.

The next meet should be May 2nd for the Toronto Poly groups :).

Yep, the next Poly Social will be may 2nd.

The other group is currently separate but we're working on cross promoting, etc. We only just discovered each other this month.

- Melodie, Poly Social hostess & organizer

Hey the last thread was from july and its getting close to end of Aug. Are there still a social gathering for poly people? If so is it at The Imperial Library Pub at 54 Dundas Street East (Dundas & Victoria, one block east of Yonge)?

Thanks

Polandry and Free WI FI

Who can't resist a meet up AND FREE INTERNET?!?!?! :) :)

Is it still the first Monday of the month? The first Monday in september is a holiday... will there still be a meetup that day?

I haven't seen an update from them in a while so I sent a request for info. I should be able to let you know tonight.

Poly meet-ups in Toronto *update*

Hi everybody!

My name is Letitia (Leteesha.) This past Spring, I started the Toronto Polyamory and Open Relationships Social Group on MeetUp.com. As someone with a long-time interest in the lifestyle, I was baffled at the time by the lack of Google search results for our city on this topic. This is what prompted me to start the group, and so far, the turn-outs and interest have been encouraging.

*We meet for brunch the 3rd Saturday of each month at a central location.*

Our meet-up is in addition to the Poly Social and the Ethical Lovers Group; we posted information about these other groups as well in the Pages section of our meet-up page.

Anyone with an interest in the poly/open relationships lifestyle is welcome to join the group, and join us for meet-ups, keeping in mind that respect and confidentiality are at the core of any successful meet-up. I trust you will find our group to be a supportive and welcoming environment.

Here's the direct link to our MeetUp group:
http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Polyamory-Open-Relationships-Social-Group/

Hope to see you soon!

In Love & Light,
Letitia

This just appeared in my inbox.

The next Poly Social
will happen on Monday, October 3, 2011
When: Where:
Monday, October 3, 2011
6:30 PM
The Imperial Pub
54 Dundas Street East
Toronto, ON

This is a casual drop-in style event that happens on the 1st Monday of every month at The Imperial Library Pub at 54 Dundas Street East (at Dundas & Victoria, one block east of Yonge).

We usually take over the couches (near the fake fireplace on the main floor), grab food and/or drinks, and engage in such wild activities as interesting conversation, taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi, random board/card games (bring some!), or a cuddle fest on the couches...

Anyone who is some type of open/poly (or just friendly to or interested in poly) is welcome to attend. Most months we have about 10-20 people show up.

Thank you for the update on the Poly social.
How late do these generally go? It takes me some time to get into Toronto and wouldn't be able to make it for the start time, but would also hate to arrive and find that everyone has already left...

You're quite welcome :).

I'm not quite sure how late they run as I don't attend (Kitchener to Toronto would be quite the leap since we don't have a vehicle and I get up at 4:30 am!)

I'm assuming that they do run until at least 10:00, probably later, with folks coming and going the whole time. I have sampled the Imperial's food and found it quite good.

They have a yahoo group if you'd like the link PM me and I'll send it along to you. Same for anyone else who would like the link :). I think it's Toronto Poly if you would rather do a search for it.

Back