View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 11:47 AM

Things are still going obscenely well. Seriously. When things go this well, I start worrying the universe is just fucking with me.

Spent a good bit of the weekend with Knight. Talked lots. I actually showed him this place and this blog, since I thought it would give a bit more insight than I am able to verbally articulate into what my intentions are.

Romeo is still doing fine. He went drinking with a couple of our friends and told them about opening up our relationship. That went better than he expected. He was pretty much expecting to be met with disgust and a lecture, but they were quite supportive, if not entirely understanding.

They really didn't seem to understand the concept of poly AT ALL, though. They are utterly convinced that Romeo and I are trying new things out of dissatisfaction with one another. I spoke to one of them on the phone afterward, and he pretty much said that "well, obviously there's something missing in the relationship if you have to try this to save it". I was like... I tried explaining it to him, but he just really didn't get it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Poly really is pretty outside the norm, I guess.

Romeo was pretty drunk after the night out with those two friends last night, though, so I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to see if his feelings while uninhibited are true to the feelings he's expressed sober. Yep, he's definitely OK with this. He even said something I thought was sooooo sweet I almost teared up, "Just don't break Knight's heart". He's concerned about Knight's feelings! Knight is concerned about Romeo's feelings! They're not behaving like rivals!

I'm just... I'm just over the moon elated right now. I don't know how this is going so well, but I'm incredibly grateful.