View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
It's not like I want to know every little detail about their relationship, believe me when I say that. I just don't want there to be secrets or boundaries crossed.
What people say is rather meaningless when what they do indicates something different. Obviously, you *do* want to know every little detail because you went snooping. I'll suggest ferreting out the root of your issue that led to that.

I'll hallucinate that you're quite insecure as you seem to be terrified that he might actually have a unique relationship with his OSO. Seriously, he can send pix and vids to her only if he also sends them to you? You can't live with the fact that he might do things with her that he doesn't with you? You want to make certain you get everything she does and then also what he would do with you without her?

I'll also hallucinate that he's struggling with this particular boundary because he wants to be able to have a relationship that isn't monitored by the warden at every turn. That he wants to have a relationship with her that doesn't require permission from mommy for every damn thing he wants to do.

These are my hallucinations and may be grossly inaccurate. I will offer that they're worth considering.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.