View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Okay, maybe it's the 100 weather where I am, but I'm finding your posts confusing.

Originally Posted by AandE View Post
I have also recently been doing alot of research on 2012 and have come to the conclusion that this might be the right time to seek out or create a *survival* community.
. . . I am in no way promoting doomsday or *survival communes*, but rather am just hoping to find others who may be likeminded in my desire to evolve our culture a bit while still keeping an ear to the ground.
Thanks. I was surprised at the initial responses because I thought I was in left field, and was wondering what those with statuses of mono and straight have to do with poly as well.
Okay, so, here are my questions for you...
  • What exactly does this research into 2012 entail? Is it all stuff on the internet? Wikipedia? Scholarly journals? Reading mythology?
  • What is it about 2012 that you are researching?
  • If you are not promoting a doomsday scenario or survival communes, what did you mean by "this might be the right time to seek out or create a *survival* community?"
  • What surprised you about the initial responses you received, and which ones, in particular?
  • Could you clarify your statement where you say you were wondering about mono and straight people being involved in poly?
  • How does this all relate to polyamory - since you posted in the "New to Polyamory" section?
Thanks. Not being argumentative here - just need to understand where you're coming from, and what you're looking for here. It's all rather convoluted thus far.
The world opens up... when you do.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 06-09-2011 at 07:16 PM.