View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
Is keeping Davis on a no-sex, STRONG-platonic-love basis going to acceptable [to both of you]?
I've asked if he thinks we could stay friends if we don't agree to date, and he can't answer that right now, he just knows that our current arrangement is no longer working for him. I tend to think that we would probably need to not see each other at all if we were going to end our physical connection.

Quote:
Think about it:
He gives up fear and jealousy (and in so doing, grows as a person) - You give up freedom and autonomy (and in so doing, shrink as a person).
Yikes, I hadn't thought about it like that

Quote:
You're willing to give up the casual boyfriends. [I, personally would balk at that on principle, but it's your call.] Just remember that Harry used to be a casual boyfriend.
I had actually been thinking that I wanted to cut back on the number of people I was involved with, completely unrelated to all of this stuff with Davis. It's a matter of time, energy and interest... I've been running low, and lately I'd rather just focus on the people and activities that matter to me most.

Quote:
Harry allows you to be YOU and is poly-friendly. [AND the sex is sooo goooooood!]. Davis loves you but wants you to be somebody else. If you had to choose between these two, which one would do you better in the short AND long term???
Wanting me to be with fewer people doesn't necessarily mean he wants me to be someone else. I am very comfortable in a polyamorous state, but does that mean that it's integral to who I am to continue to see other guys? Not necessarily. I admit that Davis doesn't sound very good right now "on paper" since all I've talked about is the fact that he's having trouble coming to grips with poly, but he matters a lot to me as a person and we're very compatible in a lot of ways. As for comparing him with Harry, that's not really fair, as Harry has had a lot more experience with this lifestyle. And, hey, the sex with Davis is *also* quite good.

Quote:
[Did you ever read "The Princess Who Stood On Her Own Two Feet", or did I link to that wonderful story on 2 other threads? Check it out!]
No, I haven't seen it.

Quote:
A tiny little hug
Awww, hug! I really appreciate the perspectives you've shared, it all helps.