View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
Each time I realize new things about myself. This time I realized that I am NOT good with sudden changes in plan-- and that has to do with everything, not just poly stuff.
Oooh, oooh, I just had a brainstorm! I think it would really be good for you, if you can find this near where you live, to take some improv classes (ever see Drew Carey's Whose Line Is it Anyway? or his Improv-A-Ganza?). Improvisation is all about thinking on your feet, dealing with the unexpected, and crafting something out of an opportunity. Improv has been found to be really good "therapy" for a variety of issues (relieves stress, strengthens memory, enhances creativity, etc.), but I think it would especially benefit someone who, like you, has a hard time handling surprises. Plus, it's really, really fun and a good way to meet people and make friends. If you're near a city, it shouldn't be too hard to find some improv groups that hold classes. Just a thought... no, wait, I did say it's a brainstorm!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.