View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I think that there should be a love/respect for one anothers beliefs/needs in a relationship. By that I mean that wife shouldn't use veto power on this because she should respect her husbands right to make the decisions for his part in their relationship. BUT the other NECESSARY side of that coin is that he would respect HER rights to the point that he would not put her in the position of having to ignore or pretend to be/do something against her nature-like putting up with a cheater in her home.....

Does that make any sense? I feel like I'm not making sense. I guess I feel like each party should prioritize the others needs over their own wants..... and if they do-then the "mess" will be resolved by the husband setting down his own ground rules for the other woman based on his love and respect for the NEEDS of his wife and vice versa between all parties....
I can understand what you're saying here. I guess my feeling on the matter, to bring the thread on topic for a sec, is that the husband needs to set ground rules based on his wife's NEEDS, and based on her morals and values. There is a NEED for those to be respected.

IMO, there is not a NEED for her husband to be in the relationship with the other girl. There isn't a NEED for him and the girlfriend to be making the wife uncomfortable. There is not a NEED for the other girl to be lying, or to be complicating things in such a manner. Did that make sense? I feel like a total bitch for saying that... lol