Thread: Just LR
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I am FREE to offer them whatever amount of time seems reasonable TO ME of that 25% and they can take it or leave it.

LIKEWISE, if I want to spend time with someone, but I don't want to spend it with them while they are with their OSO; I have the right to request time when their OSO is not with them.
IF they choose to devote 75% of their time to being with their OSO, then I will have to accept the LIMITED amount of time they are willing to offer me from their other 25% of time and they are NOT OBLIGATED to give it all to me or to increase what they would give me because of the unavailability the other 75% of the time.

We spend a lot of time trying to get what we want from other people.
What I think we REALLY need to do is start getting what we want from ourselves and then we'll be more able to productively assess what it is we have available to give to others.

So, with Maca.....

I'm working on accepting that if he doesn't want to spend time with me in certain environments-that's his right. There is NO REASON I need to explain to him why this has a negative impact on our time together, he's not stupid. In fact, he's quite intelligent and capable of seeing for himself what the impact is or is not.
MY JOB is to accept that I have relationships that are meaningful parts of my life, including my relationship with him. I can offer my time up as I see fit. Others can accept or decline as they see fit, including Maca.

In terms of how that plays out regarding our time together, I've made myself clear that he is ALWAYS welcome to spend time with the "family" as we all see him as part of our family. He is ALWAYS welcome to join us for meals, hang out or go to activities we are participating in.

I am not canceling my activities with the family (yes that includes GG) in order to spend time with him. Not because I don't want to spend time with him, I do. But because my priority is the family. He is a part of that, but not a more or less important part than the rest of the individuals in the family. It's HIS RIGHT to choose what his priorities are, and not my place to pressure him one way or the other.

I don't know how well it's going to work. But, we survived the "bad week of the month" for me this last week with flying colors. The biggest thing I noticed different was that I spent a lot of time just biting my tongue while I considered if it was really necessary or helpful to say what was on my mind-and then deciding that no, it wasn't.

Doesn't change the way I felt or what I thought. But, it's not necessary for me to share it.

I didn't "cave" on what was important to me.
I didn't pressure him to do something he didn't want to do.
I didn't fight.
Inspiring. Thank you!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson