Thread: Not enough?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Totally I think it's good not to forget that mono and poly views both come from healthy places as often as they can come from unhealthy ones. Sometimes we project our own negativity towards things under the idea that ultimately everyone thinks and feels the same way we do. It takes a lot of blind acceptance to trust in the happiness of others when we feel so different internally.
That is absolutely true. My husband and I both identify as poly, which makes things simpler sometimes. But if he weren't or I weren't, I imagine the conversation would have to be had far differently. I hope my little metaphor didn't come across as me dogging on monogamy - just me trying to express how I personally have always felt in mono relationships.

Talking about my relationship with people who really get monogamy is kind of like my experience of talking about my religion (Celtic Paganism) with friends from other religions. At the end of the discussion, one of us always has to smile and say, "If it makes you happy, then it makes me happy too." Because really, that's the whole point.