View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
So I'm trying really really hard to stay out of things between my husband and his girlfriend. As I've already written my husband broke his ankle and had surgery on it over the weekend. His girlfriend hasn't shown up at all to see how he is or to see if there's anything she can do for him. I know that it's none of my business and that there are many love languages but in my world if someone is sick or hurt and you care about them you're there for them and doing your best to help them to feel better. . . . Am I expecting too much?
You might be expecting too much. Do you know whether or not they had any communication since it happened? Have you asked him if they've been in touch? It'd be understandable if he's complained about it and it is an issue for him. But unless you know...

Maybe she offered her support in other ways. You're a nurse, right? Dealing with hospitals, illness, and injury is second nature to you. Some people simply cannot handle being around that. They are anxious and queasy in hospitals, and uncomfortable around people in pain. Maybe she told him, "I want to be there for you but I can't handle it." Maybe she's got shit going on in her own life that needs managing, and she knows he has you. I say, cut her some slack. She's not you.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-01-2011 at 04:08 AM.