View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:12 PM

So I'm trying really really hard to stay out of things between my husband and his girlfriend. As I've already written my husband broke his ankle and had surgery on it over the weekend. His girlfriend hasn't shown up at all to see how he is or to see if there's anything she can do for him. I know that it's none of my business and that there are many love languages but in my world if someone is sick or hurt and you care about them you're there for them and doing your best to help them to feel better.

I feel like she doesn't really care at all about him and that he's just there for fun for her. That's not what I want for him. He's a good guy and he deserves to have someone with him who will take care of him if he needs to be taken care of (which isn't very often). I know that he's the type who will drop everything for someone if they are in need and I think that he deserves the same in return. I don't like the feeling that his good naturedness is being taken advantage of by someone who isn't willing to put in an equal effort.

The thing is that as much as this isn't my relationship and I shouldn't care I can't help but have hurt feelings on his behalf. If I was all stuck in bed and hurting I would want to be made much of by both of my loves. I get that people have lives outside of their relationships but after a couple of days you would think that you could find at least a few minutes for a visit. Am I expecting too much?