Thread: Filling A Gap
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Truthfully, he doesn't sound so wonderful to me. Why stay with someone whom you feel like shit to be around?
I have bipolar, which leads to a lot of warped thoughts. I'm making a lot of progress (moodgym is awesome if anyone else has similar issues), and one of the things I've been trying to work out is if my negative thoughts are due to the situation or my emo interpretation of it.

I don't think it's healthy AT ALL to use other people, in the name of polyamory, to fill in and prop you up in areas where it feels bad with one person. First of all, it's an unfair burden and expectation to put on that additional person. Why should they fix the holes in your life or relationships? It wouldn't work, anyway. It'd be like trying to put a cherry on top of a bowl of ice cream that someone already laid a turd on. No amount of cherries or whipped cream can cover up the fact that there's a turd in your ice cream.
That made me laugh for a good 30 seconds! I don't look at it as using people though -- we'd be clear with what we were looking for, and the ultimate goal is have a polyfidelous relationship. I've probably explained it with a negative slant, as well.