View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Honestly, based on your husband's past experience with depression and suicidal comments, I'd say you should do this with a counsellor's help. Vodkafan's situation is very unique and probably years away from where you are now..unless you force it upon your hubby in an unhealthy way and he is desperate enough to accept it.
Thanks MonoVCPHG.

I'm sure you're right, which sadly just makes me think that this is all too impossible to even consider. T will not go to a counsellor. Or at least, the answer the last 20 times I brought it up was an emphatic no.

I certainly don't want to force him into anything or give my needs any hint of emotional blackmail... I was on the receiving end of enough of that to know how unhealthy it is.

Perhaps my friends are right - I just need to make up my mind one way or the other and suck up the pain of losing one of them.

Then again..... feeling that I'm compromising my own life isn't going to make me happy.

And then again, again.... T's suicide threats stopped a while back when he realised I'd actually gone and left him.

I have a lot of working out to do.