Thread: Just LR
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Daughter left a cup on the couch when she went to bed, I was on hte phone with him, picking up the trail of things that weren't put away when everyone went to bed and commented on it.
He told me I needed to have a talk with her (which I have, we already have plans to go in and get her back on her ADD meds asap). I was offended because he already knows that she needs her medication and it won't do any good to say "don't be inattentive and forgetful" when she's TRYING not to be. (not that I didn't point out to her that she leaves stuff behind her in a trail-I DID). AND annoyed because he actually thought I DIDN'T say something???? THAT is not my forte-what makes him think I suddenly became good at it with HER?!?!?!
I think I have been at every end of this issue. I have a house full of people that constantly leave a trail in their wake and I'm not much better. No matter how much I try they all leave their shit behind. My parents must have beat it into me about leaving dishes on the couch, I can't understand why the boys (all three of them) can't at least find the coffee table in front of their knees or the table at their elbow.

Those conversations suck, one person "thinks" he is being supportive and helpful and it comes across as being insulting and beligerant. I have had to say, "I already said that exact thing and they won't listen to Mom, it's your turn", of course I'm already annoyed that he thinks it's just that simple. When you figure out how to change how those conversation go down, I would be so ever grateful to know the trick.

I have started a new thing to help with all the stuff left behind. Every night, while all the kids are still in the room, I have them pick up everything that doesn't belong there (trash, dishes, shoes, etc). They are not allowed to say "that's not mine" (I do have to remind them of this every time), but they have to take it to the room of the person it does belong to. It has helped to at least get stuff picked up, even if they don't just do it on their own yet.

Good Luck!

Last edited by SNeacail; 05-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.