View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWithEnvy View Post
Yep, sure was. Born and Raised in El Rio. Lived in the same house my whole life. That is until I went into the military I loved it, but I didnt know it at the time. Being in all kinds of different weathers and just missing the coastline out there, I didnt know what I'd be missing. Nowadays, I miss the rain, I miss the all-weather riding that I could do out there and I really miss the ocean. Hoping that someday the wife and I can move back to Cali!

What parts of Socal have you been to? Have you made it down to San Diego yet? I'm certain you've been up and through Thousand Oaks and Malibu by now. Have you gone down to the Strawberry Festival out there? When I was living there, it was free and all of the treats and goodies were free. Nowadays you have to pay a fee because the farming parcels were bought up out of the Farmers hands and sold off to build houses. Real shame, such rich land out there, too bad that it has to be wasted on MORE houses. OH! The Ventura County Fair is coming up, have you gone to that yet?
Yeah, it definitely is beautiful here. Having grown up and lived in different parts of the country (Northeast, FL and now CA), I totally appreciate what I have here and where I live, even if it's ridiculously expensive compared to everywhere else in the country.

Speaking of the Strawberry Festival, it's this weekend, starting today I've never been in the 6 years I've lived here; and he hasn't in the 26 years he has lived here. I can't believe it used to be free both for entry and treats..They charge $10-15 bucks now for entry and astronomical prices for food and treats inside the festival. As for the fair, yep it is right around the corner and I love the fair. We went 2 years ago for the first time and went last year too. We're trying to make it an annual thing. SO much fun there!

Hopefully you and the wife can move back here too, one of these days. The life here is perfect and something hard to find elsewhere.