View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 AM

Hubs and I had a really great talk tonight. His new amour (to be) and he will be getting together this weekend, and we talked about that, and a bit about her, just some background. It'll be on Friday, and I'll be busy driving up to San Fran to pick up my daughter from college. I'm feeling good about it, so hopefully I can focus on not thinking about it all of the time!

I realize that I do tend to think too much about anything that's upcoming, or worrying me. My mom, my daughter, etc. So it's definitely an issue with me, and not poly at all. I also did the whole "pictured them having sex" thing, and no, it doesn't bother me. So it's definitely a whole "insatiable curiosity" thing. We talked about that tonight too. He says that he always wants to be able to tell me everything, but never has because he thought it would upset me. I'm not sure it would, but there's only one way to find out. So I just said we'll try it out and if something's making me uncomfortable I'll tell him and we can work on it. I don't forsee that happening, but you never know. Live and Learn!!

On another note, I'm talking with a guy on OK cupid that seems cool. Really, though, the only way to see if there's any chemistry is to meet. Maybe after next week...

That's going to be a whole new step for hubs, since he hasn't really had to deal with this type of thing before. I'm going kind of carefully and keeping him in the loop and we're talking a lot. I'm thinking, though, that going through it at least once is the only way we'll find out what issues there are and can deal with them.

He's been amazing me the past few months, though. Really working on us, and our relationship, and communication and everything.

Damn, i love that man!!